Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Banana cake with cream cheese frosting is a tasty way to use up overripe bananas

Oh my goodness. I just had a big piece of a very banana-y cake, and it was SO good! I'm in love. I found the recipe today pinned on Pinterest, so of course I re-pinned it. I didn't realize I'd be making it today, but I was looking for raisins and found a bunch of bananas that had been forgotten and needed something to make with the over-ripe bananas pronto. I made banana bread for my father last week, so I was over the banana bread, and this cake sounded like a great idea.



I followed Bake or Break's recipe exactly, except I doubled the frosting amount. I didn't want to use just four ounces of cream cheese while the other half sat in the fridge until well past its expiration date. The icing is so good, though. I am glad I doubled it.



Even my husband, who hates bananas, loves it! He thinks it's not very banana-y. I think it is.

Verdict: Banana cake with cream cheese frosting is WINNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment